Saturday, January 03, 2009

P90X: First Impressions

So yesterday I started the p90x workout even though I already did my normal 5am workout at the gym, sick, but fun! Today was chest and back, which wasn't too hard, but knowing how many reps the people on the videos are doing gives you a good goal to hit. Chest wasn't a problem, but it definately pointed out my current back workout isn't sufficient enough.

Biggest revelation yesterday was, I HAVE NO CORE! After doing the chest and back workout, you are supposed to do Ab Ripper X and there were some excercises that I couldn't do! This was a nice eye-opening experience as I thought my current core plan was decent...boy was I mistaken.

Also, I don't know if it was the two-a-day workout I did yesterday or the difficulty of the p90x workout, but I was tired and went to sleep about 1 hour earlier than I normally do. I actually got 10 hours of sleep which is 4 more than normal. We'll see how this goes...today is Plyometrics (or as my friend described it: lots of jumping that burns your calves).

Here is my p90x setup (pull up bar is in previous post):


No comments: