Friday, January 02, 2009

Homemade Pull Up Bar

In preparation for the p90x workout my dad and I built and installed a pull up bar in my garage and it came out pretty sick! It took about 3 trips to home depot and a whole morning of labor, but it was woth it.

I have seen various homemade pull up bars across the net, so this is a variation on those.

Parts:

1 - 1" x 48" galvanized steel bar
2- 1" x 18" galvanized steel bar
2 - 90 degree 1" elbows
2 - 1" flanges
4 - 2" bolts for outer flange holes
8 - 4.5" lag screws
2 - 5" lag screws
1 - 2x6 board
Total = ~$60

If building one of these, remember to take into account the added width of the 90 degree elbows for your 2x6, cause I forgot the first time and was off by about 2 inches. Also, since my dad is like Bob Villa, we made sure to hit 4 different joists, so it should be able to hold me for a while.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found this blog and made one just like this! My roommates and I are doing p90x.

Thanks for the info.

Brink It!